YCC’s Residential Crisis Care program provides short-term residential services and counseling to children and teens ages 10-17.
Referred by family members, community resources, schools, law enforcement, and YCC outreach, these youth have either run away or are at-risk of running away, been locked out of their homes, are habitually truant from school, or have exhibited ungovernable behavior. Our program is here to provide a safety net to young people and their families when they need it most.
Our residential therapists work with youth and their families to address the immediate crisis and help provide long-term solutions to handle future concerns once the child or teen returns home. Our goal is to re-unite families by providing assistance and support with a clear plan for continued stabilization.
During their stay at YCC, youth receive:
- Food, clothing and a safe, comfortable place to sleep
- A positive, productive and healthy living environment
- Individual, group and family counseling
- On-campus school provided by Duval County Public Schools
- Youth development programs
- Supervised recreation
- Life management and social skills counseling
- Aftercare support through our FAMILY LINK nonresidential program or Outpatient Behavioral Health program
- Referrals to other community agencies
If you need immediate short-term shelter or wish to refer someone, please call (904) 725-6662 or toll-free at 1-877-720-0007. All residential services are free and confidential.
Too Far Gone Craig* is 16 years old. He is looking toward his future and has decided he wants to get training