Job Title: SNAP (Stop Now And Plan) Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Residential Services
Department: SNAP Program
Provides clinical oversight, coordination and supervision of YCC’s SNAP (STOP NOW AND PLAN) Program which is a family-focused, early intervention program for youth, ages 6 – 11, who are engaging in aggressive, anti-social behavior and have come into contact with police. Manages the day-to-day aspects of the SNAP Program. Provide leadership and support to personnel related to the SNAP program. Provides clinical and administrative supervision to the SNAP Case Specialist and Group Facilitators.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The most important knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) are listed for SNAP Program Coordinator:
- Knowledge of SNAP Program Policies, Procedures and Performance Standards
- Knowledge of effective management and leadership principles and tools needed for positive outcomes
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological or social work research methods; and the assessment and counseling modalities of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, models, methods, and procedures for counseling of physical/mental/emotional/behavioral dysfunctions in the capacity of individual and family therapy.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for psycho-educational instruction for group counseling and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of counseling or social work ethics
- Knowledge of data collection instruments to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task
- Skills related to leadership and team building
- Computer skills a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage all direct and subordinate staff
- Motivate employees to accomplish individual and team goals
- Clearly communicate expectations
- Coach and develop staff to be highly effective in their position
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Occupation specific tasks and the most important generalized work activities are listed for SNAP Program Coordinator:
- Coordinates the start-up of the SNAP Program, which includes the implementation of policies, procedures and performance standards for the Program.
- Provides clinical oversight and support for staff responsible for intakes, case management, and therapeutic work with youth and families, including client related case management decisions, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions, as needed.
- Monitor program curriculum for training delivery and effectiveness.
- Coordinates evaluation and monitoring of the SNAP Program to ensure compliance with Florida Network contract requirements.
- Monitors and ensures accurate and timely completion of all documentation for programmatic, administrative, compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Participate in community activities in order to promote the SNAP Program and to build collaboration with community partners.
- Provide clinical services as needed (crisis intervention and assisting parents and professionals, as needed.)
- Organize and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and treatment team meetings as needed.
- Attend required training as determined by the SNAP Program contract.
- Responsible for completion of training objectives within the established timeframe.
- Assist the Director of Programs through therapist clinical consultation and file reviews.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the Florida Department of Education in the area of clinical social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy; Florida clinical license strongly preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: social services, juvenile justice, grants and contracts administration, or program management or administration.