Job Title: Part-Time Grant Writer
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
The Grant Writer supports the mission and vision of the Youth Crisis Center by analyzing, researching, preparing for, writing, and submitting grants. The position requires the Grant Writer to work closely with Finance and the Executive team, to have a thorough understanding of all YCC programs and services, to align business needs with current and new funding opportunities. The position is also responsible for preparing and reporting data on performance of program activities that are funded by private and third-party sources.
Grant Writer Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of research methods
- Understanding of how to identify and distinguish funding opportunities for programs, special projects, and capital needs
- Experience analyzing diverse data
- Demonstrates knowledge of market, competition, and community resources
- Possesses broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions and needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced computer skills, including thorough understanding of Microsoft Office
- Database management skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven track record of securing new funding opportunities as well as maintaining grant opportunities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Collaborates with Finance, to identify and understand the financial and budget matters of YCC.
Positional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with management team on a routine basis
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitation.
- Helps generate revenue through the timely submission of well-researched and well-documented grant applications.
- Responsible for writing all renewal applications for existing grants.
- Identifies new funding opportunities and areas to match YCC’s priorities and needs, via thorough research. Writes all new grant applications for funding.
- Responsible for completion of grant reporting related to existing grants, i.e. quarterly progress reports, annual reports, and financial reports.
- Assists CEO and Executive Team in the collection of data required for measurement of grant objectives and other grant-related matters as they occur.
- Assist with the completion of other grant reporting as needed, or directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school recognized by the Department of Education. Minimum of two years of direct grant development experience in the non-profit sector. Must have experience with federal grants and budget development. Experience in securing funds from state of Florida preferred. Candidate must possess advanced computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent written and verbal communication required. Candidate must be able to work with a team and be a self-starter to gain additional insight, knowledge, and understanding of YCC’s programs and services.