Job Title: Outpatient Registered Nurse
Reports to: Chief Clinical Officer
The Outpatient Registered Nurse is responsible for providing medical services to clients. The Registered Nurse (RN) will assist with prescription medication education and prescription verification. The RN will work closely with the Psychiatrist and Outpatient team to provide clients with the utmost competency and care. RN will take vitals, perform behavioral assessments, and prepare documentation, including billing, of RN services to Medicaid. The RN will also assist with staff consultation and crisis intervention.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical treatment and illness of youth, adolescents, and adults.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, models, and procedures of physical/mental/emotional/behavioral dysfunctions.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for medical instruction for individual purposes.
- Knowledge of nursing ethics.
- Giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, and actively looking for ways to help or improve client care
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problems – solving and decision – making.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to handle and provide solutions to problems.
Position Duties and Responsibilities: Occupation specific tasks and the most important generalized work activities are listed for Registered Nurse:
- Work closely with Psychiatrist in the verification and/or education of prescription medication.
- Provide episodic and emergency care while on site as needed.
- Conduct nursing assessments of clients
- Responsible for documenting all youth, adolescent, and adult interactions regarding nursing interventions. This includes health education, and first aid and emergency/episodic care.
- Take client vitals; to include performing health screenings and questionnaires
- Works closely with Outpatient team in achieving client satisfaction and top-notch care
- Completes behavioral assessments, and completes all required documentation and billing to Medicaid
- Staff consultation and assistance with crisis intervention
- Responsible for completion of personal training objectives within established timeframes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Registered Nurse with six (6) months related experience working in a mental health/residential facility with various mental health and other medical issues. Must be continuously licensed, certified, or registered, as required by law, rule, policy, and the Department of Health in the State of Florida, as a Registered Nurse. RN must have an active and clear Florida license in accordance with chapter 464, F.S.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
Basic and/or advanced computational skills may be necessary.
This is a sedentary position, and the incumbent will be required to sit approximately 70 percent of the time. Little to moderate lifting of less than 25 lbs. may be required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.