Job Title: Medical Assistant and Secretary
Reports to: Program Director
Department: Outpatient Behavioral Health Program
Founded in 1974 as Florida’s first runaway program, Youth Crisis Center has grown to one of the largest and best-known providers of services for youth and families. YCC’s emphasis on care is for those who have been exposed to traumatic situations such as divorce, homelessness, relocation, loss of life, bullying and abuse. YCC provides a variety of services for children, adolescents, young adults, parents and families.
As a Medical Assistant and Receptionist you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Behavioral Health Unit and Residential Crisis Center. You will support the psychologies and patients through assisting with the health vitals and making the patient feel comfortable. The position will also assist with administrative duties, such as filing for the behavioral health unit,and assisting with administrative duties, including acting as a receptionist, for our Residential Crisis Center. The target is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Check with patients and make them feel comfortable
- Communicate medical information to psychologist
- Answer phone calls and redirect as needed
- Assist with administrative duties for both the behavioral health unit and residential center
- Greet clients and parents as needed
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant or medical secretary
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Education and Experience:
Must have high school diploma and at least one-year of experience, preferably within behavioral health unit. Medical Assistant Certification preferred. Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated. Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software preferred.
This is a sedentary position, and the incumbent will be required to sit approximately 50 percent of the time. Little to moderate lifting of less than 25 lbs. may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate