Job Title: Janitorial/Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Position Overview Provide custodial services to both internal and external structures. Keep premises of office buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition. Assist in performing and coordinating repairs and maintenance of physical structures, equipment, machinery, plumbing and electrical systems. Assist with client/tenant transportation as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The most important knowledge, skills, and abilities are listed for Janitorial/Maintenance Technician:
· Primary knowledge of janitorial sanitation and supply
· Proper use, storage, and inventory of chemicals
· Material Safety Data Sheets
· Health/safety standards
· Basic maintenance and repairs to buildings, grounds and vehicles
· The use and identification of various tools used in janitorial/maintenance and repair
· Familiar with local area for transportation
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to perform tasks with or without supervision in an organized manner
· Able to work with other departments when necessary.
· Ensure cleanliness of entire facility including: clean/polish glass, mirrors; chrome, dust horizontal surfaces; mop or vacuum floors; wax VCT quarterly; empty/clean wastebaskets; sanitize and supply common areas, offices, restrooms and entrances; keep all areas free of debris
· Help ensure that agency vehicles are kept clean and in good running/physical condition
· Assist with day‑to‑day maintenance of the facilities, setup for meetings, conferences and events
· Assist with general upkeep of grounds and property
· Purchase supplies following procedures for requisition, and obtain receipts
· Complete all required paperwork
· Maintain courteous and tactful interactions with managers, co-workers, customers, tenants and/or vendors so productivity and morale do not suffer
· Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects.
· Transport clients/tenants to and from destination
· Responsible for personal training objectives and attendance of meetings
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or (GED); and two (2) or more years related experience and/or training
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use basic measurements
Incumbent will be required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.