Job Title: Client Care Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Department: Outpatient Behavioral Health Program
The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for providing office support in an outpatient behavioral health program. This position provides warm and friendly customer service throughout the client check-in and check-out process, answering phone calls, appointment scheduling, registration, insurance verification, and collecting co-pays or other payments for service delivery. The Client Care Coordinator also assists at times with entering documentation timely and efficiently into NETMIS, JJIS, and/or additional databases and ensuring 30/60 day follow-up calls are completed within required time frames.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The most important knowledge, skills, and abilities are listed for Client Care Coordinator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office(Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Knowledgeable about operating office equipment, which include computers, printers, phone system, copier and fax machines.
- Knowledge of Compulink, Psyche-Advantage Electronic Health Record system or other client database.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including professional phone etiquette.
- Excellent administrative skills (typing, filing, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with varying personalities and establish positive relationships in all dealings.
- Able to be self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Ability to be highly organized, multi-task, and demonstrate excellent time management.
- Flexibility to work early or late hours, if needed.
- Ability to deal with confidential information of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally in a multi-cultural atmosphere.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Occupation specific tasks and the most important generalized work activities are listed for Client Care Coordinator:
- Demonstrates self-sufficiency and self-motivation through completing daily required tasks as assigned without prompting.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, highly organized skill set through timely responses to emails, deadlines and non-routine requests within a timely manner.
- Demonstrates excellent administrative skills through completion of documents with a professional presentation, attention to detail and done in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, data entry (NETMIS, JJIS, etc.) and billing software through entry and completion in its entirety accurately and within the designated time frames.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel as required for Outpatient Referral process and outcomes.
- Demonstrates appropriate client interaction in a multi-cultural, high stressed atmosphere through entire client registration process of answering request for services through client termination process.
- A positive and professional workplace manner demonstrated through excellent customer service with clients, all workplace colleagues and community.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills through display of flexibility, creativeness and ingenuity in meeting expectations and task oriented challenges.
- Displays flexibility in work hours to meet the demands of the workload.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality services through participation in quality assurance processes through monitoring of specific measures designed to improve efficacy, efficiency and best practices for program development.
- Shows initiative through communication to program developers and supervisors of ways to improve client services directly and indirectly.
- Responsible for completion of training objectives within established time frames.
- Perform other job related duties, as required.
Education and Experience:
Must have a H.S. Diploma and one – two years of administrative experience, preferably within a healthcare setting. Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
Moderate computational skills will be necessary.
This is a sedentary position, and the incumbent will be required to sit approximately 70 per cent of the time. Little to moderate lifting of less than 25 lbs. may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.